There is perhaps no more powerful tool than theatre to reach children. It taps into the instinct with which they are born, the instinct to explore by pretending -- the instinct that, unfortunately, all too often is attacked by a world that pushes them to focus more on how they measure up than on who they truly are and can be.
We created CCT's YouTheatre program to give students the opportunity to experience the magic and comraderie that creating a live theatrical production can bring. Each season we audition and produce winter and summer shows cast entirely of students in the 1st through 12th grades. For many of them, this is their first time on stage and many of them form bonds, friendships, memories, and skills that last long after the curtain falls.
Theatre can help a child grow in the following ways:
- Improves communication skills
- Encourages use of imagination
- Gives an opportunity to express oneself
- Helps develop the ability to think critically
- Encourages cooperation with others in achieving a joint goal
- Helps develop moral values
- Helps develop sensitivity and understanding of the feelings of others
- Provides a safe and welcoming environment
- Fosters peer acceptance and self-worth
A child's dreams are the foundation of his or her future life.
Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless.
Our YouTheatre Program is proudly sponsored by